Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, August 3, 2008

A New Life A new Journey















As usual being the lazy ME...I took a long time to update this blog specially set up for my baby.
10th July 2008 - A special day and also a painful day which is recorded in my memory forever. The arrival of my little baby Ryan!

I remembered I was still playing my DS Lite till 12midnight and my hubby as usual still engrossed in trading his forex when suddenly I felt pain in my tummy. Thinking it was nothing unusual and probably it was just the usual stomachache I ignored the pain. However the pain gets stronger and stronger and it was 2am in the morning I was still not able to fall asleep into my dream! When I visited the toilet, I noticed blood oozing out and that's when I realised the so called pain was contraction and probably I was due for labour. Contraction was coming on and off and the pain was unbearable... and off we rushed to the hospital...It was 4am in the morning and coincidentally my hubby met my gynae and asked him to check on him in the delivery ward. I got a shock when I saw my gynae and joking said to him.."Wow doc you are so efficient i just reached the hospital 5mins and you so fast reached!" Haha...and he replied he jus delivered another baby for the mother and so happened he was in the hospital....so my gynae burst the waterbag for me and checked that I had dilated 3cm! And the next thing he said "Don't worry probably you can deliver by afternoon" and this means I had to suffer contraction pain for another 8hours! The midwife asked me whether I need any painkiller and immediately I had asked for Epidural...This was good! It numbs your lower part of the body and you could hardly feel the pain! However by noon time, when my gynae checked on me, I was still 3cm dilation...7cm again from "Pushing"! Well this time my gynae gave me some medicine to speed up the dilation process...By 8pm+ at night finally dilation reached 10cm! All ready for pushing... Wow pushing is damn tiring...pushed and pushed for 2 hours baby still not out yet....last resort my gynae had to use vacuum to suck the baby out...Finally after lying in the delivery suite for 16hours my baby is out! All the pain and waiting is worth it!

No comments: